Monday 21 March 2011

My First Four Sketches.

The first ideas I thought of included: friends, family, outdoors, my twin brother, target of design. I wanted to create wallpapers that all related back to something that inspires me everyday by using circles and stripes as my main ways of creating.


MY FOUR SKETCHES:


My first sketch is from the inspiration of my twin brother. The horizontal and vertical stripes represent how we are each very different yet we both meet in the middle no matter what. I kept the use of colour simple as I wanted the stripes to be the dominant part of my image.

My second sketch is inspired by my idea of outdoors. The yellow and black stripes represent the good and bad weather that occurs, the blue star represents that blue sky is always best and the coloured circles falling from the tree represent all the outdoor activities that I enjoy to do. The stripes stand out in this sketch which is what I was after.

My third sketch is from the inspiration of my idea that getting to a final design is a target. I have used the colour red as it symbolises a target. The red gets darker as the target gets closers. The smaller circles coming off the main line represent all the little ideas I get that don't end up working out. I having used stripes in this sketch as I wanted the circles to be the main part.

My fourth sketch is inspired by the idea of friends. The colored circles around the outside represent my friends and how we have all moved away from each other this year, yet we all still keep in touch with each other through many different ways. The stripes through the background show these different ways.


From these four sketches I have decided to create my set by combining sketches three and four. I am going to use black and white stripes with red circles to make up my four wall papers as I think it is better to stick with only using a few colour choices.
My goal to is to create a set of four wallpapers that carry on from each other. They will contain the use of stripes, circles, transparency.
I plan on doing this by learning how to use Processing with better understanding enabling me to create wallpapers that will look appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment